Under the direction and guidance of the Provincial and her Council, the person in this position is responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, motivating, directing and management of the Department of Mission Advancement (DMA) of Mary Immaculate Province.
Key responsibilities include but are not restricted to: 1) resource development and maintenance, 2) strategic and program planning, 3) community and public relations, 4) personnel management, 5) liaison to the Provincial and her Council, 6) annual report of the Director of Mission Advancement to the Provincial, her Council and the Advisory Council of the DMA, 7) fiscal management.
1. Works in close collaboration with the full-time Salesian Sister who liaisons with the Provincial
2. Identifies, cultivates and solicits major and planned gifts, and relationships with foundations, corporations, individuals and community organizations
3. Monitors the activities of the DMA
4. Recommends new hires, manages and supervises DMA staff
5. Manages and coordinates volunteer and professional relationships in support of DMA events, major/planned gift fundraising activities and the annual campaign
6. Creates and oversees the distribution of marketing materials, including a quarterly newsletter to constituents
7. Meets with Community members and organizations to tell the Salesian Family story and to gain financial support
8. Researches and prepares grant proposals and other fund-raising applications
9. Develops and maintains a direct mail and donor base for both monetary and non-monetary resources
10. Develops and maintains a donor tracking system
11. Works with the Provincial and her Council in any fund-raising events or activities and expands philanthropy efforts.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; A Masters is preferred; Senior level non-profit organization experience preferred; proven track record of success in a leadership position overseeing operations of an organization or program with exposure to foundations, ability to maintain sound relationships, while maintaining solid relationships with staff, Provincial and Council, donors and community; desire to hold the position long-term
Senior level nonprofit organization experience preferred
Outstanding English written and oral communication skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management
Proficient Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
Grant writing experience
Solid knowledge of budgeting, financial management and marketing
Successful resource development, fund-raising and philanthropy experience
Adept at networking and at keeping a website content fresh and engaging
High ethic of confidentiality and independent judgment
Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
Employee must live within commuting distance to the Provincial House in San Antonio, Texas 78237
Willingness to work in a Christian environment
Ability to travel to Province communities with overnight stay if needed
Ability to work evenings and/or weekends
Ability to work cooperatively with different personalities of diverse racial/economic/cultural background
Candidate must have vision and passion for the organization’s mission
$_______________ to be negotiated
Benefits package including retirement, health, dental, vision and life insurance paid by the employer at 100%, holidays, sick leave, vacation days and workers compensation benefits.
Email the following: Cover letter, Resume, Writing Sample, Current Salary, and Salary Expectation and List of References including contact information to Search Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at www.salesiansisterswest.org
Organization: Salesian Sisters of St. John Bosco, Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, Western Province of Mary Immaculate
Start Date: Immediately
Job Location: San Antonio, TX 78237
Job Time: Full-time
Job Contact Email: email@example.com
Applicant must meet Western Province requirements: criminal background check, drug screening and certified in Safe Environment training provided by the Office for Safe Environment and Child & Family Resources.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees so classified.